Car Window Replacement | Frisco, Texas
Door Glass Replacement
At Frisco Auto Glass Repair, we understand the urgency of needing to replace a side window as quickly as possible. Not only does a broken window open you up to the risk of theft, but it also puts you at the mercy of the elements. We can assess the damage and replace a broken window in under an hour! Not only will we replace the window, we’ll vacuum up the mess, and ensure the regulator is in working order. Besides car window replacement, we also replace vent/quarter vent windows, and regulators.
However, there are some high-end automakers that install laminated glass to promote soundproofing and enhanced security measures. In the case that your vehicle was manufactured with laminated glass side windows, it might be possible to repair them depending on the severity of the damage. Give us a call, we’d be happy to take a look! (972) 607-5809.
Added Security Against Break-Ins
Advantages of laminated glass for side windows:
• reduces noise in the cabin
• makes the vehicle more fuel-efficient
• discourages thievery as it’s very difficult to break
• prevents passenger ejection in rollover accidents
• reduces injuries from shattering glass in accidents
Disadvantages of laminated glass for side windows:
• more expensive than the standard tempered glass
• limited availability depending on the make and model of your vehicle
• reduced ability to break the glass for escape in a water-related accident
Advantages of Security Film:
- makes the window more difficult to break into (harder to break)
- cheaper than installing laminated glass (many options at different price points)
- reduces injuries from shattering glass in accidents
Disadvantages of Security Film:
- can bubble or deteriorate somewhat with age (or if exposed to extreme weather conditions)
- reduced ability to break the glass for escape in a water-related accident
Car Window Replacement Process
Our technicians follow a quick step-by-step process to get you out and back on the road as quickly as possible.
• Review the broken window to assess the damage
• Follow up by discussing your replacement options (in case you’d like laminated glass or security film)
• Take off the door panel to remove any remaining glass fragments from inside the door or on the seat
• Install the new panel of glass according to industry safety standards
• Test the glass to ensure it’s airtight and fully functional
• Replace the door panel
• Accept payment and answer any lingering questions you might have
It’s as easy as that! Make your appointment for a new side window or window vent today! (972) 607-5809.